231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Kiss me, I'm Irish

24 hours after our St. Patty's day celebration I can finally get some coherent thoughts together. My contribution to society today was slim to say the most.



I picked up the 1/4 keg of Bud at "Total Wine." They should call this place "Totally Awesome ABC Store." They actually have a walk in keg area. You walk through a doorway draped with plastic and enter what some would call a little slice of Heaven. There are kegs in all sizes, shapes, and flavors. So many to choose from but not enough to distract me from the cheapest choice, $43.99 Bud. Headed to Kroger's for some green food coloring, corned beef, and cabbage. (I also bought a mylar Sponge Bob balloon but I popped him pulling it out of the trunk, bummer.)

Started off the holiday with a round of Car Bombs. I'm not even gonna attempt to try to remember all the details of what happened, but I do believe a mule showed up to the party at one point. These are things that I remember, have been told, or should be noted about last night:
  • I played a few rounds of Beirut with Jeff and we kicked ass at first until we got too drunk
    • At one point I actually sunk while talking on my cell phone, that felt pretty cool.
  • I made ~7lbs of corned beef.
  • I drank a lot of alcohol
  • We kicked the 1/4 keg, I helped with a 20 sec keg stand
  • You only need a 'drop' of green dye in a beer
  • Trying to dye Guinness green will only turn your teeth a horribly bright shade of green
  • Having basketball playing on multiple laptops is damn cool
  • I appear to have confused a placemat for a napkin, sorry Rane
  • Most movie theaters have less stickier floors then our kitchen
  • I woke up with my shoes on and tied
    • My hat was on the pillow too
  • I had a moustache drawn on my face, but I grew to like it, it made me look older (picture to come soon)
  • Ms. Kentucky drove her jeep into a ditch leaving the house. She gets the Ms. Rockstar award for the night. Triple A had to come and tow her out. From what I hear, Patrick and Drew had a grand 'ol time watching this from our porch. i'm so sorry to have missed this site. One of her rear tires was just spinning in mid-air. (again, picture to come soon)
So that was St. Patty's Day 2005 at 231 Erwin Rd. I think everybody had a great time, we had a good turnout, maybe around 20-30 ppl?

However, @ Extreme Blue this morning, the Exp Web Dev team had a 9am meeting. Thankfully Brandon was coherent enough to host it, I just sat back and smiled.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/31/2005 9:59 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    Vince pointed me to your blog - so hi!

    I'm doing EB this summer, working on some webapps type stuff - I'm kind of surprised by the whole showing up at 7:45 the first day.

    What's the whole corporate environment like? Do I have to wear a suit once in a while? (Having worked at a relaxed dot com in Silicon Valley, the whole bigger corporate environment is pretty foreign to me)

    Peace

     

Post a Comment

<< Home