231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Monkey's are for zoo's not for radio shows.

  • I found a piece of a Corona bottle glass in my eye, more on that later.
  • I'm working on vinnie.net and lauria.info, vinnie.net will be a cool hybrid blog/wiki. I'll be sure to post a before/post grafitti snapshot of what vinnie.net looked like
  • I'm looking to move jobs internally within IBM, but I'm also opening up the possibilities to jobs outside of IBM. I began working on my resume this weekend, thanks if you helped edit it. This job at Google looks pretty cool.
So I found a piece of a Corona bottle glass in my eye, and I was happy about it. I was happy about it because since Saturday, I've felt a sharp pain in my eye. I kept trying to clean it out thinking there was an eyelash in there, but there was nothing in there (cause it was CLEAR glass.)

How does a piece of Corona bottle end-up in somebody's eye, well let's take a visual tour of my prior week.

Brent came to visit from Chicago for the week:
Photo_072205_013

We went to go see the Upright Citizen's Brigade at a free Central Park Summer State show. It was like Woodstock, but for improv comedy.
Photo_072105_004

We picked up a few cars from my rooftop.
Photo_072205_037

Kristine had a roof party in Brooklyn, it was a boatload of fun.
Photo_072405_002

Alex had a bday party at the Port Authority Bowling Alley (& Cocktail Lounge.).
Photo_072505_003

We headed to Punk Rock karokee, Alex ripped a new whole in Green Day.
Photo_072605_004

More karaoke happened in there at some point, on a different day, in a different part of town.

The morning of the roof party, we (or just I) was pre-drinking at my apartment. At some point I dropped a corona bottle while laying on my bed, don't worry, it was empty.

I thought I cleaned up the floor around my bed pretty well, but I guess I missed some. From here, it's all speculation. I'm guessing I dropped my pillow on the floor and the pillow must have picked up a sliver of glass off the floor. Then I slept on said pillow and the sliver of glass entered my eye, OF ALL PLACES. Then for 3 days, that glass was burning my eye. This morning, while I was brushing my teeth, I had my eye looking at a weird angle and I felt a sharp burning pain. My eye started crying and out came a sliver of glass.

So yes I cried, but I cried glass, it felt so good.

6 Comments:

  • At 8/03/2005 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At least there is no permanent damage to your eye.

     
  • At 8/03/2005 6:45 PM, Blogger Roonie said…

    Are you on crack? You had a piece of glass in your EYE and you didn't go to the doctor or anything? There's no excuse for your fucking eyesight, man. Whatev.

    You forgot to talk about how you drank the dirty feet water at the party. But I could see how a detail like that could go overlooked.

    I missed you, at least.

     
  • At 8/03/2005 10:54 PM, Blogger Daniel said…

    Man I don't know what to say about that. You are like Bruce Willis in unbreakable but with hair. Drinking infested water, taking shards of glass in the eye, and you keep ticking. I however run to the door so I don't miss my delivery guy bringing bacon/egg/cheese and I cut my foot open and am sidelined for 3 weeks. I think it's because I'm Jewish honestly.

     
  • At 8/04/2005 1:43 AM, Blogger 1009 said…

    fucking clear bottles...

     
  • At 8/04/2005 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    remember when you ate the white castle hamburger that people stomped on with muddy boots, for $50?

     
  • At 8/05/2005 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was going to say that crying glass, rather than tears, must be the feat of a real man, but after everyone's horrified cries of "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?" I shall refrain.

    Rather, I'll say that I was in New York these past few days and I remembered to call you ... as we entered Maryland on our return trip. :( It would have been great to see you again, but I hope you're doing well otherwise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home