231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

I think I have an addition

I'm getting wayyyy to into blogging these days. I can't stop getting enough information. If anybody is looking for an RSS aggregator, I suggest Bloglines. It allows you to point to the little orange RSS buttons you see on all these blogs. From there it conveniently highlights which blogs have new entries.

I can't forget to mention my inquiry into Photo software. I installed Picasa2 (powered by google btw) this week on both laptops to create an awesome portfolio of all my pictures. Played around with Flickr to get started on moving these pictures to the web. I can't wait until I get back to nyc so I can set up my own server of blogs/photos/... It will be a portal of my life.

So I've been so busy reading blogs this week I haven't had much time to post my own. Additionally I've been wrapped up in finishing Lawernce Lessig's "Free Culture." I listened to it in audio format and now I'm turned onto Audio Books. It is such a convent way to 'read' wile being distracted by something else, such as driving. The book discuss' copyrights and patents and tries to step away from what is legal/illegal and points out how the terms were intended to be used and how they actually restrict creativity and progress. His book is freely available. And I mean free in all sense of the word. Free as in beer and free as in speech. If you want a copy in mp3 form, drop me an email or check out bittorrent - it's legal. Lessig is a bit of a hero for me, especially for his work in the EFF and his creation of Creative Commons.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/13/2005 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would sure as all hell like to hear that book... how do I do this? (in computer retard english)

    Jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home