231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Adventure(s)

It was Taylor's bday last night and I arranged for us to head to Adventure Landing. Think chucky cheese meets an outdoor playpark. This place was off the hook. They have go-carts, mini golf, laser tag, batting cages, and a boat load of video games.

Go-carts were by far the most fun I've had in a long time. I finally got to drive like I've always wanted and not scare the passengers in my car. When making sharp turns, I would slam on the breaks to skid out and make hairpin turns - thanks to all the practice on my recently acquired RC Car.

The first half of the night was spent winning tickets (which we used to win a most awesome nerf ball by the way.) I played DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) for the first time, it was a lot of fun, it was a work out. I really have no rhythm and that was very apparent. I wonder if I had this as a kid if I would be a good dancer now? Another game that sticks out in my mind was a boxing game where you put on 'gloves' and box a TV opponent. Sensors read your body movements (for dodging) and your hand positions by the gloves. I can't believe how much of a workout this was (and how fun.) I was actually sweating after playing the game for 5-10min. First, this made me realize I'm grossly out of shape and should start some sort of regular exercise program. Second, I see isles and isles of units like these in gyms. Imagine the workout program!!! A whole gym with different virtual reality units to get your cardio exercise. A game such as boxing will even get you toned. I'm sure we could figure out a video game to incorporate weight lifting as well. I have seen the future of exercise and it is virtual. Now I see why Crunch Gym offers so many wacky classes, it makes working out fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home