231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Tthe World Is Flat

In a May issue of Wired, they interviewThomas Friedman on his book, "The World Is Flat" a look at globalization, something I want to read.

I really like the following quote:
WIRED: The book is almost dizzily optimistic about India and China, about what flattening will bring to these parts of the world.
FRIEDMAN: I firmly believe that the next great breakthrough in bioscience could come from a 15-year-old who downloads the human genome in Egypt. Bill Gates has a nice line: He says, 20 years ago, would you rather have been a B-student in Poughkeepsie or a genius in Shanghai? Twenty years ago you'd rather be a B-student in Poughkeepsie. Today?


Categories: globalization, wired

2 Comments:

  • At 8/10/2005 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 8:58 AM, Blogger Vincent said…

    Somebody spammed my blog for the first time. Some work at home website. They linked to their website to raise their ranking in Google. So I'll raise their ranking via the keyword spammer.

    Don't click on this spammer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home