231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Do something with your social network

If you know me, you know I rant and rant about Social Networks. I just started playing with Yelp.com (which I think the CEO of Meetro.com told me about.)

My problem with most social networks (like Friendster) is that they don't do anything. They are useless. A social network for the sake of a social network doesn't offer much value.

Enter Yelp.com. It's a site where you can write reviews on anything in your city, such as lounges, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. But now you have the option of searching within your social network to see what your friends are saying about these places, how cool.

The real kicker here is that you don't have to log in to see my reviews. I can make all that info public. You just have to goto http://vincent.yelp.com and you can see all my reviews. I like that.

Tags: SocialNetworking, SN, reviews, YASN, nyc, cool
Categories: Social Networking, cool

2 Comments:

  • At 9/25/2005 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    saw on your Yelp account that you read Freakonomics--did you like it? (did I recommend it to you?)

    I totally dug it. the abortion and realty agent arguments analyses were my favorites....

    josh

     
  • At 9/25/2005 8:58 PM, Blogger Vincent said…

    yes, i read it and i dug it, ohh so good. I wish i had time to review it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home