231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Exploring the Right to Share, Mix and Burn

I finally had time to read a NYT article that Brent told me about. It was Lawerence Lessig (Standford lawyer/hero) and Jeff Tweedy of Wilco at the New York Public Library on "Free Culture."

I suggest giving it a read, it's a good breif article. Lessig wasn't too happy with the point of view, but I found it pretty resonable.

It's a difficult topic for some people to grasp the otherside of. (How does society survive on 'free' culture?) Feel free to post any questions/comments below and I'll answer them the best I can.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/18/2005 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reason number five-hundred eighty-three why I love Jeff Tweedy. Thanks for the article. Check out the one on Wired as well, if you haven't already (the Lessig interviews Tweedy). You can link from www.wilcoworld.net

    Jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home