231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Social Network Search

John Battle mentioned a social networking search portal, Multiply. I signed up under my gmail address (vincent.lauria@) Rather then inviting all of my friends (spam) I'll just post it up here. I don't think it's a great website, but it's a step in the right direction.

Basically, it allows you to tailor searching content based off your network of friends. From the example they give, let's say you are searching for a trip to Rome, it would return all the photos/blogs of your family and friends that visited Rome. Cool concept, but I don't think there service has what it takes.

On a side note, let me start a poll below, with just simple YES or NO comments. How many people know what RSS Feed Readers are? Readers will aggregate a number of news sources and blogs into one convent area. The benefit is that they fetch content for you, so you don't have to keep returning to a blog to see if new information has been posted. I use bloglines.

If a number of people aren't sure what Feed Readers are, I'll make a webcast on what they are and how to use them. Once you start reading lots of internet content, they are a must. If you're not using one now, you will be in a year.

On a side note, I just realized that Blogger doesn't support TrackBack'ing. There is a third party add-in that supports it, HaloScan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home