231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Don't get all huffy now

I know a few of you will lash out after my last 2 posts. But I'm not changing my blog (nor life) around completely. However, I am consumed with work most of these days, so I really don't have much funny stuff to blog about, so rather then complaining, I hope this could be useful.

****************************
So to recap my weekend in Albany with Nickbongs and Chris G.

First, I don't know why the damn photoblogger service wasn't working. Here are some of the pics I was trying to upload.

This is Nick's car, it actually has 'Gwar' for the license plate:
Photo_062405_001


And this is some skate show I was going to, we missed Bam, there were too many 15 year olds in wet tshirts, it was hot out.
Photo_062505_001

More photos to be found here.


This is from a chinese food carton from last week, now Delta is advertising on the side of my damn takeout. Can somebody invent 'fruit tatoos.' It would be edible ink that could be 'tatoo'd' onto apples, pears, oranges, ohh my.
Photo_062205_003


*****************************************************
So back to what happened this weekend.

The funniest thing has to be Friday night, which was incredibly awkward for me. Awkward you say? Yes, after drinking way too much vodka among other things while sitting on Nick's couch, we head out to a few bars. Nick has been hooking up with a virgin for the past few weeks and we were supposed to meet up with her. By the time we actually do, Nick is pretty out of it, and is making out with some girl, which really pisses the virgin off (understandably.) Of course, Nick doesn't remember any of this.

Now I don't know what to do as I don't know any of these people, I'm caught in the middle and Nick is too busy to be responsive. The virgin keeps asking me why Nick is doing that, I say I don't know and if she has a problem with it, go pull Nick away. She tugs at Nick's shirt, but I don't think it registered.

I don't know why the virgin stayed around, if it was me, I would have told the person to fuck off and walked out. Nick has his own thoughts. For whatever reason, she stayed, forever asking me what was going on, why he was doing that, how she should feel, and what she should do. The answers running around in my head were: he's making out with some other chic, cause you're a virgin, you should be pissed, and you should head the hell out of here. For some reason, I was sober enough to refrain from answering with those comments, so I just stood there, shrugged my shoulders here and there, and kept ordering more drinks and shots. Luckily I only had to sit though 2 hours of this until the bar closed.

7 Comments:

  • At 6/28/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger todd said…

    Is that Nick Baker from across the street in Port? Damn, if it is, that's a blast from the past. But I guess that's how it's going to be for me with most of the Port friends. I keep seeing folks all growns up.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 12:08 PM, Blogger Vincent said…

    No, I think you are thinking of Kris that lived across the street from me? I don't know what he is up to. This Nick is a few years younger then us. He's still in undergrad school -> 6+ years going strong.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why didn't you try to fuck the virgin?
    Nick would have thought it was funny

    josh

     
  • At 6/29/2005 1:17 AM, Blogger Roonie said…

    "Nick has been hooking up with a virgin for the past few weeks"

    I don't know why, that just struck me as an odd thing. Not necessarily that she's a virgin, but that it's well-known that he's hooking up with a virgin and you guys needed to meet her because she's like, the lone virgin in all of NYC.

     
  • At 6/29/2005 7:11 AM, Blogger Vincent said…

    This was in Albany.

     
  • At 6/29/2005 8:38 AM, Blogger Kris said…

    How old was she? God, she sounds 18 and totally innocent. I would have slapped nick.

     
  • At 7/16/2005 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She's 24 and is a total bitch. Trust me, if anybody deserved a slap, it was her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home