231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

I'm off to Boston

So I'm at 2,194 words on 5 pages for the developerWorks article I'm writing. But it's still a little rough around the edges.

Time for me to head up to Boston. I was thinking of Fung Wah for the excellent prices, but I think I may have snagged a Hertz deal.

Hertz was charging $110/day for a weekend day (too much.) I was playing around with the reservation time, and it seems that at 3:15 (not 3:00pm) the price drops to their weekday price, at $47.80. Now here's the catch, they don't have any economy or compact cars in stock cause of the holiday, just SUV's. So I'm heading over now to 'try and work something out.' I'm a Hertz Gold member though IBM, which I believe entitles me to free upgrades to what's avilable if my choice is out of stock. So I may be getting one of those premium cars.

I'll let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

  • At 7/03/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Roonie said…

    Well, you have fun there, laddie.

     
  • At 7/04/2005 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if you don't tell us what developerworks article you're writing, i'm going to stop reading your blog, and set Zenderpoon's blog as my home page!

     
  • At 7/14/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    I don't like the slight on my name.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home