231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Sitting at the console

I'm currently trying to write an article for IBM developerWorks and I'm procrastinating something fierce. Well sorta, my procrastinations are small little trips of knowledge.

Anyway, I'm currently reading the status of the world on the Google Zeitgeist and it occurred to me, why not having these ratings for the JOB MARKET!!!

Wouldn't it be great to see what jobs are hot, and what jobs are declining? I would like to see a list of the most popular skills searched by companies, as well as a list of the most popular job roles available. And of course, I would want to see the reverse of this, the fastest declining skills and job roles.

I think this would be of benefit to potential job seekers as well as employers trying to gauge directions of the industry.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home