231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wiki on a stick

For those of you that know what a wiki is, you know that you need a websever and etc. to run them.

Well, somebody has made TiddlyWiki, which is just an html file with all the wiki code embedded in the html. So you can save a page to your desktop (or usb key) and now you have a fully functional wiki on your computer. All the 'edit' and 'create' page links are there for you to build your wiki.

If this post doesn't make sense to you, that's fine, if this post does make sense to you, you're probably drooling right now.

3 Comments:

  • At 7/06/2005 8:04 AM, Blogger todd said…

    I don't know if I showed you this already, but someone made the same GTD style. So you could update you personal lists and tasks via a wiki on a USB Key Drive or any other convenient medium.

    GTD Wiki

     
  • At 7/06/2005 8:17 AM, Blogger Vincent said…

    Yeah, you showed me, thanks. I just didn't like the wiki interface for storing GTD's, I have 100's of tasks, it wouldn't be efficient for me.

    I have an XL sheet I created to use them, I'm still working some kinks out, once it's done, I'll post it.

     
  • At 7/08/2005 1:18 AM, Blogger Roonie said…

    The most fun I ever had with a wiki was editing yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home