231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Give me a Jab

Here's a little pre-release info (courtesy of /.). Google is starting a new IM service. They're using the Jabber protocol. You can use the open source GAIM client to get on-board.

Check out this page for info how to set it up. I'm vincent.lauria @@@ gmail dot com

UPDATE 10pm:
But why only connect to their servers when you can use your very own Google IM client.

Yes, Google has released an IM client, Google Talk. So far it looks neat. It has VoIP support and it will group your IM's into one 'convo' if the other person hasn't replied yet (vaguely similar to gmail convo's).

Google Talk


Categories: Google, IM, geek

1 Comments:

  • At 8/26/2005 5:21 AM, Blogger Roonie said…

    Oh, hi there, post-I-was-posting-about-earlier-that-I-didn't-realize-existed.

    So uh, how 'bout them Yankees? I have a lot to say about this post, but I already said it above. But, the ever-lingering question, um, lingers - when will they make their shit Mac-friendly? Hel-LO!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home