231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Die You Comment Spamming Bastards

SpamInACan
So I had to turn on "Word Verification" today, or as the geeks like to say: "CAPTCHA."

I really didn't want to turn it on, I think it's such a hassle to have to go though the process of typing the word you see on the screen. It's just annoying. But I'm now getting 10+ comment spams a day.

I wish I could have my 'social network' filter out my friends so they don't need to go through word verificaiton, only people I didn't know.

Here's an old post I had on why I think email Spam will go away.

Lovely, Wonderful, spam.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/03/2005 5:01 PM, Blogger Vincent said…

    This is a test

     
  • At 10/04/2005 3:13 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    Sadly, I had to also enable the captcha, both for my blog and for larocheslabs.com email.

     
  • At 10/07/2005 3:09 PM, Blogger Roonie said…

    It's an unavoidable necessity, to turn on the word veri. It's okay, it's a pain, but it's not gonna stop your three fans from visiting and commenting on your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home