231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Paint by Numbers

Wired 13.04: Paint by Numbers
Interesting artcile I read this morning. Not a matter of if it's a good idea or not, just interesting. Basic premise is that some entrepreneur type decided to create a pension fund of up and coming artist. You have to be approved into the trust, from which point you donate your art to the trust for it to be sold off a later date. The wealth is distributed by all of the trust (we a hefty 20% lost on commision.) And the artist can feel safe to retire. The idea is innovative, I think it could be tossed around a bit and improved on. I'm thinking more along the lines of wealthy artist trying to help out starving artist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home