231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Make me a better speeller

I (like most) frequently misspell the same words. I try to take note each time Gmail or MS Word dings me, but I'm still slow to learn.

Wouldn't it be great if Gmail or MS Word ran background analytics on my spelling errors? It could produce a monthly report of the top 5 misspelled words, so that I could work on fixing them in the next few weeks. Maybe even chart my improvement on some words and highlight where I'm just not cutting it.

Categories: ideas

2 Comments:

  • At 7/13/2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Emily Farris said…

    I'm pretty annoyed that Blogger doesn't have a spell check feature. I always paste my post into Word to check the spelling before I publish (kind of a pain in the ass, especially when Words picks up all the HTML tags).

     
  • At 7/13/2005 10:34 AM, Blogger Vincent said…

    But Blogger does support spellcheck, doesn't yours?

    Comments do not, so I paste them into Gmail, I like the interface for spell checking, espically when html is involved.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home