231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Monday, February 14, 2005

And the dog sha't on my rug

And the dog sha't on my rug is how the night ended. Tis it was Valentine's Day and all through 231 Erwin people seemed to be miserable, even Gail, the female dog, or as I like to refer to her, Madam Bitch.

Today was grossly productive. I made good use out of my noiseless headphones as I sifted through endless amounts of EB (Extreme Blue) emails. We must not forget the obligatory 1 hour foozball tournament to properly close out a day.

After work I headed over to Taylor's house for some Valentine's Day Enchiladas. They were the best Valentine's Day Enchiladas I have ever had. Taylor made personal Valentine's Day cards for everybody in the lab. They were well thought out, it was nice of her.

Chris joined us for dinner and we sat around watching various bits of entertainment on the talkie box. The night ended with back-to-back slide splitting humor of Bob Saget. First in an early 90's "America's Funniest Home Videos" then on to "Full House" where Michelle mistakenly assumes a pretend marriage with DJ's boyfriend, Steve, to be the real McCoy. I think the idea of Chris, Taylor, and myself sitting in front of the TV watching Full House was thoroughly entertaining.

Came back home and spent the rest of the night watching cartoons and drinking beer. And as much fun as that sounds it was still missing something. I guess I'll know what that 'something' is when I'm older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home