231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Making Cookies

So I attempted to make chocolate chip cookies tonight. Something that is incredibly easy to do and something I have done a good number of times in the past. I’ve even made choc. chip cookies from scratch, and they turned out damn good.

Well, for some reason I put them down on wax paper. After not paying attention for 5 min, there was a shit load of smoke in the kitchen. I guess I’ve never thought about it before, but you can’t put wax paper in the oven. Now that I think about it, I believe I have before and the oven has smoked, but I just ignored it.

So I take the half cooked cookies out and try to salvage them from the wax paper. But that turns into a mess because they are half cooked and don’t come off the paper too easy. I end up with really thin cookie parts, and a bunch of goo on the wax paper. I throw the super thins back in the oven and crinkle the goo into small crumb cookies. I put those on some aluminum foil and throw them back into the oven. So 5 min later we have thin crunch choc. chip cookies and cookie bits. They were still editable, but weren’t super tasty. The cookie bits were good and fun to drop into a glass of milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home