231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Adopt A Chinese Blog

The other day I wrote about the censoring of Chinese Blogs. Well some folks had a good idea to help partner up the non-red states (as in political state) with the red state. They created Adopt A Chinese Blog.

The jist of it is that you host a chinese blog on your site. The idea being that it will be difficult for China to find and block all these random blogging sites. One again, the internet is truly a democratizing force.

I was reading Adbusters yesterday and I saw a promo for a new campaign, blackspoting shoes. It's part of their bigger Antipreneur campaign. I really like this idea. Not because I hate big corporations, but I think its a great example of how the tides are shifting. I'm not anti-corporation, I'm a capitalist, but I think these types of campaigns fall right into capitalism and the free market. It's like the Firefox New York Times ad which raised millions of dollars by the community to place a 2 page advert in the Times. Additionally, meetup.com was used to launch 1000s of simultaneous 'kick-off' parties to announce the launch. A large corporation couldn't imagine getting that type of publicity, let alone for free.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/21/2005 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is interesting that capitalism can tolerate all things except its own practice. If I were you I would stop using the "capitalist" label and begin to consider myself an "apocalyptic irrationalist."

    There is a significant degree of rhetorical overlap between theorizations of both capitalism and pragmatism (see my posting yesterday). I am not really sure what either word means at this point.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home