231 Erwin Road

My experiences as a Northern transplant down in Chapel Hill, NC, 2005. And now my experiences back up in NYC.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I hate fees

I just noticed that ez-pass started charging me $1/month without any explanation. After an email and a phone-call, I now find out the MTA is implementing monthly $1 fees on EZ-pass card holders?

Why? I'm trying to use a technology that actually saves the MTA money. I pay the same price for a toll (it used to be discounted, but not anymore) and yet I'm charged a dollar extra. If anything, I'm a cheaper customer because they don't have to pay a tollbooth worker an hourly wage to accept my toll.

I hate these random fees that companies/organization tack on to your bill. Yeah, I dollar isn't much for me, but multiple that by 500,000 ez-pass users (guess) and you just started raking in 1/2 million more each month.

I hate you MTA! I never agreed to your damn fees, you just started charging me as if it was manifest density or something.

Categories: Rants

2 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    Wait, I thought you didn't have a car?

    Anyway, I've been thinking about getting an ez-pass - over the past 8 days, I've hit ... probably 10 tolls. But since I don't go through any toll booths 10 months out of the year, I've decided against it.

    and I swore I saw something about a discount while driving through NY or NJ

     
  • At 8/28/2005 11:32 PM, Blogger Vincent said…

    I don't have a car, but when I rent cars or go on road trips (a few times a year) I bring my ez-pass with me and leave the chumps in the dust.

    Some tolls in NY/NJ have discounts, but not all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home